The sweet author of the Peas Romaine Calm Blog nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger award. Thanks for nominating me; I appreciate blog “awards” because they get me looking at a manageable amount of new blogs and give me so many ideas for recipes to try.
I answered questions from Taylor, wrote my own questions, and then I will nominate 11 new bloggers to get the award!
- What is your “reach for the stars” goal as a blogger?
I guess that people will find it and make the recipes on it! At first, it was mostly to keep me accountable and practicing my writing, but now I kinda want to be a part of the whole network of food bloggers, passing recipes to each other. 🙂
2. What makes you smile?
Seeing a ripe strawberry in the the garden!
3. Describe something you have done recently to save money?
Chosen to eat out less, I think. It’s a cliche but most of the places we like eating out are nice-ish, and so there’s a huge difference in price between homecooked and a night out.
4. What is your favorite home cooked meal?
Mmmmm. Pasta with a good alfredo sauce and a gajillion sauteed veggies and garlic. Or arroz con pollo with a spicy cheese sauce. Sensing a trend…
5. Do you have pets? And if so, what kind and why do you love them so much?
I do! I have a crested gecko named Bit. I like it (don’t know gender) because it’s easy to handle, does cute things like lick its eyeballs and climb walls, and is so easy to keep alive.
6. Do you prefer to eat meat or vegetables?
Honestly, bread if it was an option, but meat usually comes in ahead of veggies… I’ve been working on remedying this, because it seems like the best way to stay healthy.
7. What would you ask Santa for (purely and selfishly!) yourself?
Ha… I might have just gotten what I wanted from Santa for my birthday: a GoSun Solar Stove! I know that solar cooking doesn’t save that much energy or anything, but it’s so cool! It’s like my childhood dream of actually frying an egg on a sidewalk. 🙂
8. What does your blog mean to you?
A way to think about both people I’ve loved for a long time and people I haven’t gotten to know yet and connect with them over their favorite foods!
9. Who is your favorite TV character?
Abed from Community. He’s so delightfully zany.
10. What superpower would you like to have?
Super gardener – I want to be able to make plants grow faster and fuller than normal! 🙂
My questions are:
- If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing with your free time?
- If you had the chance, would you move? Where to?
- Best lesson in the kitchen?
- Hardest recipe/dish you’ve ever made?
- Best cook you personally know, and what makes them good?
- When did you get into blogging, and why?
- What is your dream job?
- What is a challenge you’ve given yourself lately? Have you achieved it yet?
- If you had to go back and study something totally different from anything you’ve ever studied, what would you choose?
My blogger nominees are:
All your blogs have influenced me and your sweet comments have propelled me to keep writing. I hope to see your answers on your blogs soon!
I love your comment about cooking an egg on a sidewalk! I remember trying to bake a potato outside with foil one time as a kid. I don’t think it worked. Ha! Thanks for nominating me! Really sweet of you!
[…] couple of days ago the storytellingcook nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger […]
I really do appreciate the nomination. Its nice to get some validation that you might be headed in the right direction with what you are doing.
One of your questions was “What is a challenge you’ve given yourself lately?” The answer blogging. In my career as an IT professional I have had several “personality tests/profiles” done. They always come back fairly far over on the introverted side. So this is kind of out there for me and I’ve been wondering how well received it has been. This helps answer that question.
The answers to the rest of your questions can be found here